‘Our bridge is going to be for our train,’ says Watson
Metro Ottawa

This was posted more than 12 months ago. The information may be outdated.

By Kieran Delamont, Ottawa Metro News, September 13, 2017

The city is not interested in pursuing an arrangement that would see a third-party operate train service across the Prince of Wales Bridge.

A memo sent to council last week by John Manconi, general manager of transportation services, said that the city might be willing to work “in a co-ordinated and consultative manner” with an outside agency or organization to provide train service across the bridge.

Joseph Potvin, executive director of the MOOSE Consortium, who have been involved in discussions around train service across the bridge since 2011, said that the Consortium “looks forward to picking up that discussion again with the City of Ottawa.”

http://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/2017/09/13/our-bridge-is-going-to-be-for-our-train-says-watson.html