Their water poisoned, fed up residents demand answers about toxic fire foam - Ottawa - CBC News

This was posted more than 12 months ago. The information may be outdated.

By Julie Ireton, CBC News Ottawa, July 13, 2017

More than eight months after fire destroyed a flea market near Smiths Falls, Ont., the wells of a dozen nearby residents were poisoned with dangerous toxins, and questions still swirl about the regulation of firefighting foam commonly used to smother flames.

The Rideau Valley Marketplace — and everything inside — burned to the ground shortly after 5 a.m. on Nov. 6, 2016. Through his front room window across Highway 43, Cory Read captured the destruction on video. Read, his wife, Elyse Smith, who was six months pregnant, and the couple's four-year-old daughter watched as firefighters from several rural departments struggled to contain the spreading flames.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/fire-foam-smiths-falls-flea-market-1.4201039